Software Engineering Intern
- Heyzap is the largest mobile gaming community on Android and iPhone, helping millions of people discover mobile games and connect with friends or fellow gamers.
- Located in the heart of San Francisco, we are funded by top tier investors (Y Combinator and Union Square Ventures) and we have a super fast growing user base.
- In just 6 months, millions of users have downloaded our app and we are growing by over 50% every month.
- Heyzap powers millions of game discoveries every month for our users, who check in to games hundreds of thousands times every day.
- We are a small, agile team and release code to production continuously. We use kick-ass modern technologies like node.js, MongoDB and Redis, or whatever the appropriate tool is to help us get shit done™.
- We work with the biggest game developers in the industry, such as Digital Chocolate (Millionaire City), Pocket Gems (Tap Zoo), Zynga, Magma Mobile, and Get Set Games (Megajump).
About the Job:
- Engineering interns at Heyzap code. You will be given direct responsibility for core features and services that ship to millions of users. You will be expected to embrace these challenges, learn fast, and deliver great results.
- You will bring the willingness to learn and grow, and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment.
- Learn to develop beautiful and easy to use software applications.
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control system skills, and agile development mentality.
- Participate in code reviews, bug tracking, project management with the rest of the team.
- Proven mastery of computer science fundamentals. Love of software development with several side projects and excitement about working in a startup.
- A hungry entrepreneurial and “can do” spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies.