Software Engineering Intern
Heyzap is building a developer tools platform used by 10,000+ mobile apps. Our machine learning algorithms make decisions across millions of features, thousands of times a second to optimize ad networks. We wrap this complex engine in an easy to use drop in SDK that covers all major platforms (iOS, Android, Amazon).
Engineers at Heyzap are generalists that deal with multiple modern technologies at scale. You will gain experience in: responsive dashboards (Rails, React, Ember), machine learning, performance sensitive services (Java8), SDKs on major platforms (iOS, Android, Unity), backend services that scale (AWS, Redshift, Redis, MySQL).
Our office, in San Francisco, is in the middle of a new mobile app epicenter. We are profitable and backed by Union Square Ventures, Chris Dixon, Naval Ravikant, Ashton Kutcher and Qualcomm Ventures.
About the Job:
- Engineering interns at Heyzap code. You will be given direct responsibility for core features and services that ship to millions of users. You will be expected to embrace these challenges, learn fast, and deliver great results.
- You will bring the willingness to learn and grow, and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment.
- Learn to develop beautiful and easy to use software applications.
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control system skills, and agile development mentality.
- Participate in code reviews, bug tracking, project management with the rest of the team.
- Proven mastery of computer science fundamentals. Love of software development with several side projects and excitement about working in a startup.
- A hungry entrepreneurial and “can do” spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies.
- We use Ruby on Rails server-side, Java for Machine Learning and performance-sensitive tasks, and build SDKs for Android and iOS. You don't need to know these technologies coming in, but you'll need to learn some of them while here.