Heyzap is building a developer tools platform used by 10,000+ mobile apps. Our machine learning algorithms make decisions across millions of features, thousands of times a second to optimize ad networks. We wrap this complex engine in an easy to use drop in SDK that covers all major platforms (iOS, Android, Amazon).
Engineers at Heyzap are generalists that deal with multiple modern technologies at scale. You will gain experience in: responsive dashboards (Rails, React, Ember), machine learning, performance sensitive services (Java8), SDKs on major platforms (iOS, Android, Unity), backend services that scale (AWS, Redshift, Redis, MySQL).
Our office, in San Francisco, is in the middle of a new mobile app epicenter. We are profitable and backed by Union Square Ventures, Chris Dixon, Naval Ravikant, Ashton Kutcher and Qualcomm Ventures.
About the Role
Heyzap is looking for an experienced generalist software engineer to join us in expanding the our hugely successful, mobile ad network. As a member of our tightly-knit product team, you’ll have the opportunity to create and implement cutting-edge features that affect millions of users on a daily basis. Your input will have direct impact on product decisions, and you’ll be able to see your ideas through to implementation and take ownership of your successes with each new release. Everything you build has to work at scale and ship fast, since we work in one of the hottest and fastest growing markets in the mobile space.
Our Technology Stack:
- Our website is built on Rails and we use Ember.js
- Our machine learning is done through Java 8 services
- Our servers are on AWS, and we rely on various AWS services to automatically scale
- Our persistent data store is Mysql. We use Redis for in memory data structures
- Our mobile SDKs are written in Objective C and Java
- You will be shipping features that affect millions of users' mobile experiences. You will be creating cutting edge internal and developer-facing tools to help analyze billions of events on millions of mobile devices.
- Quickly develop a thorough understanding of the product, architecting the system and shipping production ready code.
- Write maintainable code that can scale fast.
To apply for the role of Software Engineer, you should have all of the following skills:
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ Years of engineering experience with at least one dynamic language (Ruby, Python, etc..) and one static language (Objective C, Java, C++, etc..).
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Lightning fast ability to learn new technologies and languages.
- Contributions to open source software projects.
- Machine Learning experience.
- Experience with scaling web software to millions of users.
- Unix experience.
- Experience with Mysql, Redis and other data stores.
- Intelligent, driven team members.
- Product-centric company.
- Learning environment where we encourage people to think from first principles and take the widest responsibility they can handle.
- Free lunch everyday, Friday dinners, plus an abundance of customizable snacks and drinks.
- Awesome medical, dental, and vision benefits plus a 401(k).
- Free 24 Hour Fitness gym membership.
- Use the best hardware.
- Game budget.
- Book budget.
- Fun activity events and IMAX cinema trips.
- THE ping pong leaderboard.
- Friday beers.
- A rapidly growing userbase.
- Changing the way apps are discovered.
- Sunny office in Financial District of San Francisco.